Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Birthday Letter from Papa (5.8.2016)

Dear Aletheia,

This is your Grandfather Porcella writing. Your grandmother picked out the card but likes me to do the writing. Happy first birthday! We are absolutely delighted to have you as our granddaughter.

We wish we could be there with you for your birthday but California is a long way from Philadelphia. You are coming to visit us in two months, though, so the hugs will have to wait until then. We're going to spend a lot of time "down the shore". I think this will be the first time for you to see the ocean, right? It's impressive. Good place to take naps, too.

I've been working on a lot of projects at home for the last several months. My next project, starting tomorrow, is to get the computer set up so we can Skype together. If I were thirty years old I would have done this a long time ago, but learning and setting up electronic devices drives me crazy, so I have to psych myself up for awhile, knowing I'm venturing into a head-banging experience. Maybe I'll have the Skype set up by the time you get this card. It will be good to remind you of what we're like before you arrive here. Your grandmother and I are not scary but we do take some getting used to.

We sent you the scooter bike for your birthday. I know you got it early but it only made sense you should play with it as soon as you were able to use it. Based on pictures it's been good fun for you. We're glad about that.

We love you.
(You can tell Mommy and Daddy and Charis we love them, too)

Papa and Grandma



1 comment:

Laura Ward said...

These letters are so precious. What a gift to your girls to have such a loving, thoughtful Papa!

P.S. Love the new blog layout! :)